Friday 6 April 2018

SMELL AND RHIZOMATIC INTERFACES


click here to go to source
.Bron Fionnachd-Féin – Yoko Ono would definitely approve of the apples... it's how she and John Lennon met. He took a bite out of her artwork 'Apple' (1966) which was on show at the Indica Gallery in London: 

"I got the word that this amazing woman was putting on a show the next week, something about people in bags, in black bags, and it was going to be a bit of a happening and all that. So I went to a preview the night before it opened. I went in - she didn't know who I was or anything - and I was wandering around. ... There was an apple on sale there for two hundred quid; I thought it was fantastic - I got the humor in her work immediately. I didn't have to have much knowledge about avant-garde or underground art, the humor got me straightaway. There was a fresh apple on a stand - this was before Apple - and it was two hundred quid to watch the apple decompose." - John Lennon 



"Lennon took a bite out of the apple on display, before apologising and putting the apple back. Ono later recalled that "...he just grabbed it and bit it and looked at me like, you know, "There!" you know? I was so furious, I didn't know what to say. And it all showed in my face: How dare this person, you know, mess around with my work?" _ Yoko Ono

Bron Fionnachd-Féin ...and 49 years later the apple was still 'fresh' at MoMA therefore I agree apples can definitely be art... AND smells not only can be art ... they are!! 


..  and it goes on ...  “I WANTED TO TOUCH YOU WITH THE SMELL”: ERNESTO NETO’S IMMERSIVE, CROSS-SENSORY INSTALLATIONS Posted on March 25, 2015 ... click here

No comments:

Post a Comment